Wednesday, June 1, 2016

In the first place Mr. Proudfoot needed to change the name of the main character

history channel documentary science In the first place Mr. Proudfoot needed to change the name of the main character. He needed to make it worthy to an American gathering of people, he said. I realize that we, the British, and the Americans are separated by a typical dialect, however I couldn't for the life of me see why my fundamental character ought not be called Harold Nutsworth. Proudfoot rang me up about this only two or three days prior, giggling it appears in humiliation down the telephone. 'We're a traditionalist Christian country, Mr. Spinfrith.' What's that got the chance to do with the cost of onions? I was considering, however I was savvy enough not to vocalize this idea. Onions on top of wieners would have me discounted as totally barmy. To come back to the name 'Nutsworth'. 'Might you be able to, kind of, spell it out, if it's not too much trouble Mr. Proudfoot?' "Well," there was a pregnant delay - pregnant was the word as it turned out. "Well," started Proudfoot once more, "Nuts" in the US implies, er, testicles, sir. Anyone called Nutsworth would be in for a hard time, here.' 'Alright, it resembles calling somebody Gooliesworth, I assume, in the UK.' 'No issue with that,' answered Proudfoot, 'Gooliesworth it is, then.' 'No it isn't!' He should have misheard me. 'Gooliesworth this side of the Atlantic is what might as well be called Nutsworth on your side of the Atlantic!' At the recommendation of my secretary (a.k.a. my significant other) I rang up the McVitie scone organization and they affirmed that they had been compelled to consent to change the name of Ginger Nuts for fare to the US. So Howard Proudfoot was not totally off-bar.

No comments:

Post a Comment